My free-write after tasting Top Ramen noodles washed down with diet coke:
I have never tasted Top Raen instant noodles before today. Maybe it is because I was expecting the worst after seeing others' initial reactions, but I love the way the sodium settles on my tongue. Oh, but now I feel sick. The noodles are so heavy in my stomach, and my mouth still tingles from the chickenized broth and the bubbled diet coke.
The MSG makes me feel ill. The initial sensation was satisfying, but now it feels heavy. The combination of fizzy and salty appeased my natural cravy for salty and sweet, but now, it feels like a pang of guilt settling inside of me, very unnatural and unhealthy.
The weirdest sensation was tasting the "chicken" seasoning and subconsiously convincing myself of its nutritional value, as an automatic association with protein. It is scary to me that I assume nutritional value based on a chemically induced "taste."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment